Ten NK Lincolnshire Independent Councillors
Thank you for the massive support to win ten Lincolnshire Independent Councillors working for you on North Kesteven District Council, including the two recent by-election wins by Cllrs Mervyn Head and Richard Johnston. We work together to get the best for you and remain free to speak and vote independently – which we do. Anything less is an abuse of our democracy. We are the second biggest group and the only alternative to a “one-party council”.
We still pay our Income Tax the same, but the total returned to councils for local services has been heavily cut, leaving us seriously short, £7.8bn by 2025, in total over the country. At the same time, the Party-political drive is for ever more housing “growth”. The extra pressure comes without essential matching services and facilities, so someone goes without. Have you noticed the long waits for GP’s, care, ambulance support, affordable housing and highways damaged and congested?
We deserve better. We must have local, Independent voices prepared to speak up and work for you with determination, and that’s what we Lincolnshire Independents do.
Action for Better Highways
We consistently fight for potholes to be properly filled and road surfaces improved.
Lincolnshire Independent Leader, Marianne Overton MBE, is also the elected Vice Chairman of the Local Government Association, representing 20,000 councillors across England and Wales. Marianne met with the minister, looked him in the eyes and quoted “You know what I see? Vote Conservative, get potholes”. Not the only call no doubt, but an effective one. Result? Extra money came from Government into the County budget, and after further pressure locally, £12m was successfully added to the highways budget for Lincolnshire this year.
Please continue to report improvements needed – that’s the gateway that gives us the support to get them done. We have achieved some big improvements so far, and we are working on much more.
More Money for Lincolnshire
Lincolnshire Independents remain in the forefront calling for a bigger pot for local services and for rural Lincolnshire to get a bigger share. Last year, working with colleagues nationally, we achieved £2bn more for adult care and Lincolnshire did well with around £30m, including extra to cover rural costs. Also we are one of only ten Council areas allowed to keep all of our business rates. We continue to battle on your behalf at every opportunity.
Supporting you on Planning and Health
Animal Waste Plants
Thank you for writing with your views. Lincolnshire Independents voted to recommend refusal on both applications, though for different reasons; location at Norton Disney and access at Skellingthorpe, where Cllr Richard Johnston is hard at work. More questions were raised before the applications go to County Council Planning.
|Protestors against the proposed factory at Norton Disney|
|Contact us – We’re here for you
Please get in touch ask for the Independent view, our Monthly Newsletter, a fresh alternative view of what is really happening at Council and how it affects you. 07920 235 364 email@example.com
Lincolnshire Independents are Champions to our communities and local businesses all year round
- Promoting tourism and revitalizing the waterway up to and including Sleaford.
- Working to create Technical Skills Centres to give less academic a real chance to develop skills that are much-needed by our economy, both led by Cllr Mervyn Head.
- Supporting young people into employment. Cllr Peter Lundgren is spear-heading new proposals in NKDC.
- Celebrating our heritage in a series of events along the Cliff Villages to celebrate the “Three Centenaries”, RAF100, Armistice and First votes for women.
- Small schools have seen their tight budgets tumble this year, cut by the government, so Cllr Catherine Mills co-led a team of 12 to climb Ben Nevis and host a big funday at Welbourn School to raise funds for school.
- Cllr Nick Byatt has led the creation of a splendid play area at Metheringham and works to reduce rural crime.
- Cllr Susanna Matthan champions children and mental health, bringing common sense to policy.
- Cllr Steve Clegg has been actively working with Parish Councils and residents to improve Public Open Space in his ward.
- Chairman of Sleaford Town Council, Cllr Grenville Jackson is working on a host of big events and brings together business and volunteers.
Lincolnshire Independents are determined to work for you, putting local people first
Contact us on 07920 235 364 firstname.lastname@example.org