Don’t bottle it up!
National Children’s mental health week Is a good time to ring a friend. I know how hard it can be to try and help someone in need.
Nationally through the Local Government Association where I am Chairman and locally on the County Council, I and others have been championing mental health and calling for more urgent support to people when it is needed.
As children have been out of normal school for such a long time, we have called on the government to provide for extra support for their recovery, academically, phyically and emotionally.
I am pleased to say there are some improvements in the national funding and local serice provided. The NHS and your GP can help. Below are contact details of outside agencies, who are there to help.
- Help is at hand:-
- Shout crisis text number: 85258
- Samaritans: www.samaritans.org and 116123
- Lincoln crisis team: 01522 573648
- Newark and Sherwood Crisis team: 03003000 or 0115 9560860
- Self-harm UK: www.selfharm.co.uk
- Lincs suicide safe: www.lpft.nhs.uk
- Kooth online counselling service: www.Kooth.com
- Mind: www.mind.org.uk, 0300 123 3393, text 86463
- young minds: www.youngminds.org.uk, text 85258
- Papyrus: 0800 068 4141, Text: 07860039967,email@example.com Opening hours: 9am – 10pm weekdays, 2pm – 10pm weekends, 2pm – 10pm bank holidays
- Our Suicide Prevention Advisers are ready to support you.
- Every mind matters: https://www.nhs.uk/oneyou/every-mind-matters/
Comments are closed