Nick Byatt has lived in Lincolnshire with his family since 1989 having arrived for a tour of duty at RAF Waddington. Following that tour Nick created the Waddington Aircraft Viewing Enclosure which is now part of the Lincolnshire Aviation Trail. Nick amassed a wealth of experience during 32 years RAF service in a variety of senior roles including flying, command, UK operations management, infrastructure planning, doctrine development, training course management, design and instruction.
Since retiring he has worked tirelessly in the local communities of Dunston and Metheringham. He Chairs the B1188 Community Police Panel and is a member of the Independent Advisory Group to Lincolnshire Constabulary.
As a member of the IDEAS group Nick was a co-winner of the NKDC 2014 Community Champions award for the development of the impressive playground in Dunston. He was also a major player in the creation of the Dunston Neighbourhood Plan which has now been adopted.
Nick is an active Parish Councillor in Metheringham and has, over the years, created their Skatepark, run a Youth club and secured a grant for new play equipment to be installed in 2017.
……. And what have I done?
32 years service in a broad range of roles including: flying tours, instructor duties, command, infrastructure planning, training management and needs analysis, training course development, doctrine and concepts development, UK operations management, warfare subject matter expertise.
Since retiring I have been active in the local community doing things like:
Neighbourhood Watch Coordinator
Chair of the B1188 Community Police Panel
A member of the Independent Advisory
Group to Lincolnshire Constabulary
A member of Dunston’s Neighbourhood Planning Team
Chair of the Metheringham Skatepark group
Set up and ran the Metheringham ‘Youthy’
Member of the IDEAS group that won the NKDC 2014 Community Champions for Heath and Well- being for the creation of the Dunston play area
You have two votes; Please vote for me and for Laura Pearson, both local, independent and committed to serving you, our residents.
Our shared aims and what we stand for:
We support local business and enterprise which is why we see the need for fitness facilities in Metheringham.
- Planning that improves our area, not damages it. We want the planned 276 houses on Creasey’s field to have direct road access to the B1188 – not rat runs through Dunston or Kings Road onto Lincoln Road.
- We push for the proper infrastructure to be in place in building projects which is why we want Anglian Water to make proper provision to stop the flooding of gardens in Dunston and the allotments in Metheringham.
- Supporting and seeking opportunities for every young adult to enjoy a good job and successful place in our communities.
- Pressuring the government to put more money into our councils to reduce the precept burden and fill potholes.
- Improve health and care to enable everyone to live decently. For example we want to get the Warfarin clinic back into Metheringham. This would improve the lives of residents and reduce our carbon footprint.
- We want clearer information about recycling as it costs us money when people have to sift out things that can’t be reused; this includes black plastic.
- These are our shared aims but it is your needs that will drive our agenda so please let us know what you want.